The Special Studies degree allows you to design your own self-directed graduate degree targeted to your specific career and research interests.
You will tailor your own program from at least three different areas of studies from two or more academic departments to craft a multi-disciplinary program of study that will allow you to reach your education goals and further your career goals.
- Open to full-time or part-time students.
- Special Studies students are eligible for graduate assistantships.
- Student initiated — students build their own program by reviewing established program descriptions and requirements in the Graduate Catalog.
- Draw on any discipline at the university — undergraduate programs with cross-listed 400/500 level courses can be included as long as graduate faculty are able to serve on a program committee.
- Three options for completing your degree — thesis, portfolio or starred paper/comprehensive exam.
- St. Cloud State is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Communications management
Connect With Us
School of Graduate Studies (facebook)