Currently, this program is not accepting applications.
The geography program will prepare you for a career focusing on tourism and its relationship to a place. Your classes will focus on sustainable development, eco-tourism and research as you prepare to present your findings. You’ll have the opportunity to pick electives that match your career goals where you can pick between courses in tourism development, land use, GIS, community heritage, regional and environmental planning and community development.
- Small class sizes with professors dedicated to one-on-one mentoring.
- Classroom leadership opportunities.
- Two graduate assistantship positions are sponsored each year.
- Opportunity to study abroad including research opportunities in countries such as Russia and China.
- State-of-the-art Geographic Information Systems lab.
- Close to 100 percent professional employment for graduates, others have been accepted into Ph.D. programs.
- Students have won awards at the Association of American Geographers national meetings.
- Graduates work in many federal, state and local agencies and in the private sector
- Faculty have written nationally-acclaimed textbooks in Cartography and Geography of Russia.
- Faculty research interests encompass historical, cultural, economic, physical and environmental geography as well as the geographic techniques LIDAR, precision surveying, geovisualization, multivariate statistics, phytolith analysis and more.
- Tourism planning
- Tourism information center manager
- Travel agency manager
- Tourism association manager
- Park service
- Museum manager
- Chamber of commerce director
- Community college instructor
Connect With Us
School of Graduate Studies
St. Cloud State University