Prepare to curate online collections, mine data and transcribe and encode text for research and online publications with a certificate in Digital Humanities. You will learn how to digitize historical documents, design platforms for digital-born documents and website design. You will be prepared to create digital exhibits for museums, archives, libraries, governments and to create crowd-sourcing projects.
- Combines training to work with both historical documents and contemporary digital-born assets
- Classes are offered in the evenings to accommodate working professionals
- Pairs well with several graduate programs
- Four-class program that can be completed in one year
- Offered jointly by the departments of history and English
- The Central Minnesota History Center on campus offers and array of political materials, local community history documents, individual family materials and an extensive oral history and photography collection that spans 13 counties.
- Established history faculty hold Ph.D.s and are recognized by peers, publishers and experts for their research in their fields of study.
- Museum curator
- Editorial content creator
- Digital humanities specialist
Connect With Us
School of Graduate Studies (facebook)
St. Cloud State University (facebook)
St. Cloud State University (twitter)