In the addictions program you will receive academic and experiential training that will prepare you for chemical dependency counseling. You will build the advanced training and understanding in addiction and treatment required of professionals in the field of counseling individuals and groups affected by addiction.
- Offered on campus and completely online.
- Prepares you for the Minnesota License Alcohol and Drug comprehensive exam.
- Certificate coursework can be included as part of a master's program in counseling.
- Approved by the Minnesota Board of Behavioral Health and Therapy.
- 87 percent job placement rate.
- St. Cloud State's Recovery Program was the first residential recovery community offered at a public university in the upper Midwest when it was established in 2012.
- Chemical dependency counselor
- Hospital counselor
- Community mental health center counselor
- Post-secondary school counselor
- Treatment center counselor
Connect With Us
School of Graduate Studies (facebook)
St. Cloud State University (twitter)