EducationUSA Academy Connects
EducationUSA Academy Connects with St. Cloud State University offer an online pre-college preparation program for international high school students
Included in the highest ranked public colleges and universities, and in the best undergraduate engineering program ranking in the 2021 Best Colleges Ranking, St. Cloud State University is the ideal institution where you can learn about American Culture and the American university system. Through this online program, you can get a head start on your college exploration and application by enhancing your writing.
- Meet and interact with international college students and faculty.
- Experience virtual visits to other universities.
- Gain knowledge about the American university system through workshops and panel discussions.
- Learn about Minnesota virtually.
Constructing your Personal Statement Essay
Develop and refine your personal statement for your college application.
Includes these seminars and wworkshops:
- English Composition Class. Students will attend an academic skill building class with a focus on academic writing and personal essay writing strategies leading to the preparation of a strong draft of the “personal statement” to be used in university applications.
- International Student Panel Discussion. International students will share their personal and academic experiences in an American university.
- The Application Process and Choosing a Major. Admission Officers will present information on the different types of applications used by universities and financial resources available. Academic Advisors will introduce the basic steps to selecting a major.
- Virtual Campus Visits. Participants will have the opportunity to virtually visit educational institutions such as the College of Saint Benedict and Saint John’s University (private, religiously affiliated universities) and tw- years community colleges.
- Life after College: Preparing for a Career. Career Center Officers will offer advice on how to develop professional skills to be successful in the job. They will share insights on building a professional network
- Introduction to Academic Options. Presentations on unique program options combined with interactive discussions about opportunities at our institution.
- Campus Involvement Seminar. Student Life and Development Office staff will provide information on student participation in Student Government and student clubs.
- Closing Ceremony. A virtual Closing Ceremony will be conducted, and certificates of completion will be presented to the students.
Enhance your Presentation Skills
An introduction class on effective presentation skills to become a better communicator.
4-Week Online Program
April 5 - April 29