Huskies First Four
The Orientation Leader position runs from March to September.
Interested in joining the Summer 2023 team? More information will be posted in January!
- Create an inclusive atmosphere to welcome new students to St. Cloud State.
- Provide logistical support at Huskies 1st Four Days events (including, but not limited to set up, tear down, working check-in, answering questions, greeting students, giving tours, leading icebreakers, contributing to social media accounts, etc.).
- Facilitate opportunities for new students to get to know each other.
- Encourage new students to engage in campus life, attend events, and get involved.
- Serve as a role model and positive representative of St. Cloud State.
- Provide accurate information about St. Cloud State to new students and families and refer students and guests to appropriate campus services.
- Work collaboratively with other Orientation Leaders and orientation staff.
- Attend and engage in all scheduled trainings and orientation events.
- Understand that orientation involves a level of unpredictability. Flexibility, adaptability, and creativity are necessary when working orientation.
- If assigned to be a small group leader:
- Mentor a small group of new students throughout Huskies 1st Four Days to support them in their transition to St. Cloud State.
- Facilitate outreach process to assigned small group members through phone calls, emails, and Zoom sessions.
- Lead team building experiences for small group members.
- Present assigned content to small group members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- GPA of 2.0 and above
- Good academic and conduct standing
- Enrolled in 6+ credits at St. Cloud State for upcoming Spring and Fall semesters
- Available for all important dates listed in position description
- A passion for orientation and supporting students in transition
- Strong communication and rapport-building skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations
- $10.33 per hour
- One meal during full day on campus Huskies 1st Four shifts
- Significant leadership training and experience
- An opportunity to positively influence the lives of new students
You must attend all training sessions, complete self-paced outreach to new students, and be available to work throughout Huskies 1st Four Days. These dates are listed in the position description, which you can find on the Student Leader Selection website.
Questions? Let us know!
Please email us at email@example.com.