Center for Continuing Studies
Essentials of Project Management
Managing projects successfully is of utmost importance to any type of organization. Project management consists of a group of processes and phases starting from initiation to closure. There are various steps involved in planning, executing, monitoring and controlling the project.
Essentials of Project Management will provide a framework for individuals who want to explore the field of project management and learn the key aspects of managing successful projects. This 23-hour self-paced course created by St. Cloud State University is based on the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) and is geared towards providing you with the knowledge, skills, and techniques to manage projects in a successful way.
- Introduction to project management
- Project management processes that include:
- Project Initiation
- Creating a project charter
- Project Planning and Scheduling
- Project Time Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Communications Management
- Project Execution
- Project Monitoring and Control
- Interpreting Gantt Charts
- Project Closure
- Agile Project Management basics
- Self-paced online – complete at your own convenience
- Recorded instruction plus exam practice questions
- 23 contact hours qualifies toward CAPM & PMP exam prerequisites
- Covers the fundamentals and terminology spoken in the project management world
- Content aligned with Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK), 6th edition
- Course access available for 3 months
- Certificate of completion provided upon successful completion of end of course assessment
Who should enroll in this course?
If one or more of the following applies, this is the right course for you.
- New to managing projects
- Project team member
- Very little or no experience in managing projects
- Want to speak the language of project managers
- Intend to pursue a career path in project management
- Interested in taking PMP or CAPM exam in the future
Instructor: Hiral Shah, Ph.D., CEI, CPEM, PMP