Center for Continuing Studies
CompTIA™ Network+ Certification Training
Become CompTIA™ Network+ Certified Online (Voucher Included)
IT networks seamlessly connect devices to the data and tools that provide users with the information they need. This 100% online course will teach you to configure, manage and troubleshoot hard-wired and wireless IT networks. Key topics include network design, security, routing and switching, cloud computing, IPv6 and forensics. Upon successful completion, you will be prepared for the CompTIA™ Network+ certification exam (N10-007).
Job Outlook for CompTIA™ Network+ Professionals
- CompTIA™ Network+ Certification is widely considered the industry standard for initiating a career supporting IT network infrastructure. Skills such as configuring, deploying and troubleshooting networks are highly valued by premier employers in the business, non-profit and government sectors.
- At the entry-level, CompTIA™ Network+ Certification holders often work in data centers, user support departments and network troubleshooting shops. With experience, many CompTIA™ Network+ professionals advance to become systems administrators, network engineers and IT managers.
- According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), network administrators earn $83,510 per year on average.
CompTIA™ Network+ Certification Training FAQs
What is covered in the CompTIA™ Network+ certification process?
A thorough CompTIA™ Network+ Certification training course will prepare you to take the CompTIA™ Network+ certification exam. The exam is a comprehensive validation of the knowledge and skills required to set up, deploy and manage a hard-wired or wireless IT network.
It tests for professional-level competency in the following areas:
- Designing and implementing IT networks
- Configuring, managing, and maintaining network devices
- Using devices such as switches and routers to segment network traffic in order to create resilient networks
- Reviewing existing network configurations for their strengths and weaknesses
- Implementing and managing network security standards and protocols
- Troubleshooting problems with hard-wired and wireless networks
- Since the CompTIA™ Network+ Certification is considered a leading-edge credential, the exam covers cloud and virtualization technologies
What jobs can I get with a CompTIA™ Network+ certification?
According to CompTIA™, the Network+ certification is ideal for establishing a career deploying and supporting network infrastructure. Professionals who hold the Network+ certification commonly hold positions that include:
- Junior Network Administrator
- Computer Technician
- Network Field Technician
- Help Desk Technician
- Junior System Engineer
- System Engineer
- IS Consultant
- Network Support Specialist
- Network Field Engineer
- Network Analyst
How soon must the CompTIA™ Network+ certification be renewed?
Because the IT industry is subject to constant and rapid change, CompTIA™ encourages its certificate holders to pursue an aggressive schedule of continuing education (CE) once they achieve Network+ certification. The Network+ certification is valid for three years after the date of your exam. After expiration, CompTIA™ certifications can be renewed through CE for additional three-year intervals.
Is the CompTIA™ Network+ certification good for a remote career?
Although many IT network support positions involve hands-on work with networks, devices, network software and troubleshooting, CompTIA™ notes that many companies are opening user and customer support jobs to work from home (WFH) status.
- How to install, configure, and differentiate between common network devices
- Routing protocols, computer forensic practices, and addressing and cloud computing technologies
- All about WAN/LAN technology, addressing services like DHCP, the OSI model and the TCP/IP model, and Domain Name Services (DNS)
- How to implement a basic wireless network and wireless security
- How to conduct network monitoring and perform network performance optimization
- Be prepared to take and pass the CompTIA™ Network+ certification exam (N10-007)
Prerequisites and Requirements
There are no prerequisites to take the course. However, CompTIA™ recommends having up to 12 months of hands-on experience before taking the Network+ certification exam.
- Network Architecture
- Network infrastructure implementation, routing concepts and protocols, cloud and virtualization
- Network Operations
- Monitoring tools, network segmentation, configuration management
- Network Security
- Network vulnerabilities and threats, risk management, network access control models
- Network and security troubleshooting, common issues with fiber cables, copper cables and WAN
- Industry Standards, Practices and Network Theory
- OSI model, wired connectivity, network policies and procedures
David Grimes has more than 10 years of management and leadership experience in the private and non-profit sectors. Grimes is passionate about technology and education, having worked as academic dean, student services director, technology coordinator, teacher, consultant, and technology columnist. He holds a Master of Education and a Bachelor of Science from Ohio State University, both in Technology Education.
Registration and Enrollment
This course is 100% online. Start anytime.