Center for Continuing Studies
This intensive, nationally acclaimed program is designed for beginning and advanced legal workers who want new job skills or want to increase their office's efficiency, productivity and billable hours.
Our Paralegal course is in two flexible online formats:
- Online Format: Complete in two, 7-week instructor-led sessions
- Weekly assignments are due at specified times
- Online support from instructor available as needed
- Online Flex Format: Complete online at your own pace within 6 months
- Access your online course 24/7
- Completely self-paced
You'll be qualified to:
- assist trial attorneys
- interview witnesses
- research the law
- investigate complex facts
- assist in case preparation
What you can expect
- 10-15 hours of reading and homework a week.
- 90 hours of instruction in two consecutive sessions (seven weeks for paralegal I; seven weeks for paralegal II.
- 7-week WESTLAW, legal research access, available during the online session for $89.
- You can begin your course with either online session offered.
- You'll earn your St. Cloud State University certificate after you complete the courses, successfully pass six quizzes and finish five legal document writing assignments.
What you'll learn
- Legal terminology, legal process, and rules of civil procedure
- Ethics, torts, and contracts
- Legal documents and legal analysis
- Discovery documents and legal interviewing
- Evidence and legal investigation
- Legal authority
- Introduction to legal research, secondary sources and finding tools
- Citation format and appellate procedure
- Computerized legal research
- Legal writing and analysis
- Law office administration and informal and formal advocacy
- Job-hunting techniques
Software Essentials for the Law Office
Personal Injury for Paralegals
eDiscovery for Paralegals