Center for Continuing Studies
Legal Investigation Certificate
Our seven-week online program gives you the qualifications to assist attorneys, paralegals, insurance companies, private businesses and state and federal government agencies with criminal and civil investigations.
When you finish, you'll have new, marketable skills and be able to create your own freelance investigation business. You'll earn a certificate of completion from St. Cloud State University.
You will be expected to spend an average of at least 8 hours per week on reading and writing assignments in this accelerated course.
You'll learn about:
- arson investigation
- products liability investigation
- personal injury and traffic accident forensics
- employment accident investigation
- investigation of financial and equity matters
- professional malpractice and negligence
- rules of evidence
- fact- and evidence-gathering techniques
- interviewing techniques
- the role of a legal investigator in preparing for civil and criminal litigation
- job-hunting techniques
What you earn
Successful graduates earn a certificate of completion from St. Cloud State University, and a certificate of course hours completed from The Center for Legal Studies.