Center for Continuing Studies
Employment Law Certificate
Employment law is a branch of contract law that deals with relationships between employers and employees.
In this accelerated course you will learn about the National Labor Relations Act, the Railway Labor Act and other statutes that deal with public employees.
- labor management relations
- economic weapons
- antidiscrimination in employment
- minimum wages and maximum hours
- regulation of working conditions
- You will be expected to spend at least 8 hours per week reading and completing assignments.
- This course is the equivalent of at least 45 clock hours of study.
- The passing score on all tests and assignment is 70 percent.
- Extensions will not be granted.
What you earn
Successful graduates earn a certificate of completion from St. Cloud State University, and a certificate of course hours completed from The Center for Legal Studies.
The Center for Legal Studies is recognized by SHRM as a provider of professional development credits for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.