Center for Continuing Studies
Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification Exam
Our Microsoft Office Specialist 2016 and 2019 certification program tests and validates professionals’ ability to use the features of Microsoft Office applications.
Candidates who pass the certification exam show that they can serve the demand for up-to-date technologies and meet globally recognized performance standards.
The certification provides proof to employers of job applicants’ and employees’ knowledge and abilities of Microsoft Office software.
The skills each exam measures are:
In-Person Test protocols
- A Certiport Exam voucher is needed for each exam. Vouchers may be purchased at a discount through our St. Cloud State testing center for $110 (student rate) or $125 (community rate). At the time you schedule your appointment please let us know if you would like to purchase a voucher from us.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes early to register before the test.
- You will need a photo ID (Student ID/Government ID).
- You cannot take anything into the testing area including purses, wallets, pencils, pens, paper and cell phones.
- You will have 50 minutes to complete the test and cannot be paused for any reason.
- You will get your score immediately.
- If passed, a certificate will be mailed to you in 2 to 4 weeks.
Training for the test
Online: Great River Regional Library provides helpful databases free to GRRL cardholders including Lynda.com
- Go to www.griver.org
- Click the "Database" tab on the left
- Enter the barcode and PIN (MMDD) as promoted
- Select the appropriate database (Lynda.com)
- Search for the course of your choice
Classroom: Excel 2016 - 4 Levels of Training
We can customize classroom training for groups of 6 or more at a location you choose. Contact Tammy@SCSUTraining.com or 320-308-4252