Center for Continuing Studies
Internet and Computing Core Certification (IC³®)
You encounter technology at every intersection in your life -- home, work, entertainment, family. It has become critical that you build an understanding of it and literacy in it whether you want a career in IT or just want to be more effective using it.
IC3 Digital Literacy Certification, designed for a variety of ages and occupations, ensures that individuals, students and employees are ready to succeed in a technology-driven world.
- IC3 Global Standard 3 (GS3) exams validate competency in computing fundamentals, living online and key applications.
- IC3 Global Standard 4 (GS4) exam objectives are aligned with today's most current technologies and relevant digital literacy requirements, including social media, collaboration, and cloud computing concepts.
- IC3 Global Standard 5 (GS5) is the newest IC3 Digital Literacy certification. It focuses on skills that apply to almost any school or career path and is aimed at students or jobseekers who want to validate their digital skills. Like the others, it is comprised of exams on computing fundamentals, living online and key applications.
- IC3 Fast Track is a digital literacy skills assessment for incoming students or job candidates. It can help determine an employee or student's ability to perform in a setting that involves technology.
- IC3 Spark certification examines the digital literacy concepts while focusing on younger individuals who may be new to computers and the Internet, or who lack a foundation in digital concepts.
You must take and pass all three IC3 exams to earn a standard's certification.
IC3 Products Overview