Community Anti-Racism Education Initiative (C.A.R.E.)
MLK Community Celebration 2022 Humanitarian Awards
Individuals or groups that live the idea of MLK Every Day. They inspire us and are passionate to care for others and live with service. People who incorporate service in their lives in ways that are unexpected and filled with care. All age ranges accepted.
Living MLK Every Day in their mission:
Beloved Community “Our goal is to create a beloved community and. this will require a qualitative change in our souls. as well as a quantitative change in our lives.” ― Martin Luther King Jr.
- Unrecognized Impact / Unrecognized Champions
- United Way, Catholic Charities, Lutheran Services, and TriCap are examples of organizations that currently serve our community in ways that are well known and recognized, and we all know and greatly appreciate their contributions.
- Innovative Service – Everybody Can Serve and Community Healing
- Grant writing
- Organizing events
- Fundraising for a Cause
- Use of voice to bring attention to injustice
- Social Media
- Community Organizing
- Changing the way businesses are run
- Community Outreach
- Working with Communities in need (LGBTQ, Advocacy, homelessness, children/youth, sexual assault victims/survivors, Indigenous people, African Americans, Latinx, Somali, Asian, etc.)
- Local Focus
- Engaging in community outreach/service within central Minnesota
Please note, winners from 2021 cannot be nominated for 2022.
Submitting a nomination
- All nominations must be received by December 22, 2021.
- Nominations can be submitted in a variety of formats, including:
- Online Form
- Electronic nominations sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Such as video or audio submissions
- Mailed in nominations sent to: CARE Office, St. Cloud State University, 720 4th Ave S, St. Cloud, MN 56301-4498
- Such as handwritten letters
Nominate An MLK HumAnitarian
Notifying award winners
- Winners will be notified in advance of the event, which takes place on January 17, 2022.
- Winners will be invited to attend the event to accept their award.