Online Photo Submission
Create an acceptable digital photo using the specifications below. Photos are subject to the approval of the Campus Card Office.
How to Upload Your Photo
- Go to Account Management
- On the Information Technology Services page, login with your StarID and password. (Must be registered for classes)
- On the Campus Card office page, scroll down the left column and click on Photo Upload.
- Read the terms and conditions, and click on the red Agree button.
- On the Photo Upload page, insert your e-mail address, and select how you want to receive your card. Then browse your electronic device for your photo, and click on the upload button. If your photo meets the above-listed specifications, it will be accepted. You may be directed to crop your photo or make another adjustment to comply. Follow the directions.
Directions for Taking a Photo to Submit Online
- Frame subject with full face, front view, eyes open. Please make sure to have even lighting on the front of your face.
- Looking Straight Ahead (No Profile or Angle)
- Center head within frame.
- Photo size at least 600 x 800 pixels. (No larger than 1200 x 1600 pixels)
- Color Photo (No Black and White)
- Only .JPEG images are accepted
Common Reasons Photos are Rejected
- The photo is too far away. Be sure the picture is from the top of the shoulders to the top of the head with some blank space above the head.
- Exposure- The photo is too light or too dark.
- The background is not white.
Tips for Photos
- Do use a recent photo in .JPEG format
- Do keep your eyes open and visible
- Do use a white or light color with a smooth background
- Do center the photo and include a front view of the face
- Do use good lighting
- Do have a straight face or smile
- Don’t wear hats, caps, scarves, or sunglasses
- Don’t include other objects or people in the photo submitted
- Don’t use patterns, textures, or scenic backgrounds for your photo
- Don’t use images that are overexposed or underexposed
- Don’t use animals or props
Pickup Your SCSU ID Card
When your card is ready, an email notification will be sent to your St. Cloud State email address and your card will be stored at our location until you pick it up. At the time of pick up, you must provide a photo ID such as a driver’s license or a passport to receive your ID.
Contact the Campus Card Office by calling us at (320) 308-4944 or emailing us at Campuscard@stcloudstate.edu.