Advising and Student Transitions
First Year Students
Every first-year St. Cloud State student has a Student Success Team made up of representatives from Financial Aid, Career Center, Advising & Student Transitions, Residence Life (if you live on campus), Multicultural Student Services, and the Center for International Studies (if you are an international student). Student Success Teams provide students with a coordinated network to help them make a successful transition into the university with the support, tools, and skills they need to persist through graduation.
Student Success Team members and roles:
- Your Academic Advisor will help with course selection and registration, creating a graduation plan, navigating support resources and services.
- Your Success Coach provides support from the time you're admitted to SCSU through graduation. They can help with academic support (tutoring, time management) and help you create plans for success.
- Your Financial Aid representative can answer any questions you have about your financial aid package as well as how to apply for financial aid.
- Your Hall Director (if you live on-campus) will help you with everything you need to make an SCSU residence hall your home.
- Your Career Advisor is ready to help you explore majors and minors along with career opportunities through services such as 1:1 appointments for career counseling, job/internship search, resume assistance, career fairs and connecting to expert advice from employers.
- If you are an international student, your International Advisor is here to provide information, assistance, advocacy, guidance, and support.
- Multicultural Student Support representatives are available to assist you with social-cultural issues, academic assistance, such as tutoring, campus engagement, financial and housing issues.
Make an appointment with your Student Success Team member
Student Success team members are available via phone, email, in person, or Zoom.
To look up and contact your Success Team members:
- Log in to Navigate with your StarID and password.
- In the lower right corner find “Your Success Team”.
- Click on the envelope icon to email your success team member.