Advising and Student Transitions
Student advisors help students transition to St. Cloud State. They welcome new students and lead them through the Huskies Advising & Registration Day process by facilitating small groups, assisting with presentations, and providing support during course registration.
- Work all Advising & Registration program & prep dates listed below.
- Welcome and assist new students and their guests during Advising & Registration Days.
- Partner with a faculty or professional advisor to co-lead an assigned group of new students through each Advising & Registration Day.
- Independently facilitate team building activities and present content about campus involvement to new students each day.
- Co-present student life content to new students with other Student Advisors.
- Support new students as they register for fall courses by providing accurate information about eServices, D2L, the Liberal Education Program, and other academic information.
- Provide logistical support during Advising & Registration Days (including, but not limited to set up, tear down, working check in, answering questions, greeting students, leading icebreakers, taking photos and/or videos, contributing to social media accounts, organizing supplies, etc.).
- Provide a positive connection between St. Cloud State and new incoming students.
- Contact new students leading up to their selected program dates to confirm details.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, reliability, teamwork, and punctuality.
- Other duties as assigned.
- GPA of 2.0 and above
- Good academic and conduct standing
- Enrolled in 6+ credits at St. Cloud State for upcoming Spring and Fall semesters
- Available for all important dates listed below
- A passion for orientation and supporting students in transition
- Strong communication and rapport-building skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations
- $10.33 per hour
- Lunch during full day on campus Huskies Advising & Registration programs
- Significant leadership training and experience throughout the summer
- An opportunity to positively influence the lives of new students
You must attend all training sessions and Huskies Advising & Registration Days. These dates are listed in the position description, which you can find on the Student Leader Selection website.