WHO CAN HELP ME?
For All Emergencies Call 911.
THE WOMEN’S CENTER GENDER VIOLENCE PREVENTION PROGRAM
The Women’s Center provides services for victims of sexual assault including individual support, advocacy, information and referral, support groups and resources from a specialized loan library. Through a victim-centered philosophy, sexual assault survivors receive non-judgmental support to direct their own healing process. Student victims of all crimes including dating/
domestic violence, harassment and stalking are encouraged to report and obtain assistance from the Women’s Center.
Advocates from the Women’s Center can help students learn about their legal rights, how to file complaints, and campus and community services designed to help victims of violence, harassment and/or stalking. Advocates work closely with the Public Safety Department and St. Cloud Police Department in order to serve the needs of victims.
THE CENTRAL MINNESOTA SEXUAL ASSAULT CENTER (CMSAC)
- Central Minnesota Sexual Assault Center (CMSAC)
(24 hours a day)
CMSAC serves Stearns, Benton, Sherburne and Wright counties. CMSAC provides 24-hour crisis line support, counseling, information and referrals for sexual assault survivors as well as for their family and friends.
Trained advocates help survivors of sexual assault deal with their feelings, make decisions about medical and legal matters and obtain needed follow-up care. Advocates are available to accompany a survivor to the hospital, to law enforcement agencies and to court. All services are free and confidential.
- Office of Equity and Affirmative Action
- The office of Equity and Affirmative Action can assist students in filing a complaint regarding a sexual assault. An advocate can help to determine whether to report to this office or elsewhere on campus.
- Public Safety
- Public Safety responds to emergencies on campus, can document reports of incidences, assist in reporting to the police,
and make referrals. Public Safety can also provide 24 hour
escort services on campus.
- Residential Life
- Residential life can assist with housing transfers (i.e. switching rooms or residence halls).
- Student Life and Development
- The office of Student Life and Development can assist students in filing a complaint regarding a sexual assault. An advocate can help to determine whether to report to this office or elsewhere on campus.
ST. CLOUD COMMUNITY RESOURCES
- Anna Marie’s Alliance
- Anna Marie’s provides services and safe housing for victims of domestic violence.
- Planned Parenthood Minnesota
- Planned Parenthood provides high quality reproductive and related health care services including emergency contraception and medical follow-up.
- St. Cloud Police (non-emergency)
- The St. Cloud Police can take reports from victims of sexual assault, including blind reports, if the crime occurred in St. Cloud.
- St. Cloud Hospital
320.255.5656 (Emergency Trauma Center)
1406 6th Ave North St. Cloud, MN 56303
- The St. Cloud Hospital offers evidence exams, sexually transmitted infection testing and treatment, pregnancy testing, emergency contraception, and documentation and treatment of injuries. Tell them you have been sexually assaulted and would like to get in immediately for care.
- Stearns County Sheriff’s Department
- The Stearns County Sheriff’s office can take reports from victims of sexual assault if the crime occurred in Stearns County.
- Minnesota Coalition Against Sexual Assault (MNCASA):
- MNCASA are assists local programs in providing advocacy and prevention programming, and can also help victims find resources in their area.
- Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network (RAINN)
- RAINN is the nation’s largest anti-sexual violence organization, and operates the National Sexual Assault Hotline. Calling the RAINN hotline connects you to the nearest crisis center in your area.
- National Sexual Violence Resource Center (NSVRC)
- The National Sexual Violence Resource Center provides resources for programs providing victim services and their website has an online directory which can help victims connect with local services.