Meet our Orientation Leaders!
Are you looking for a fun way to build your leadership skills? Do you have positive energy and a great attitude? Would you like to help new first-year and transfer students start their university experience at SCSU on the right foot?
Come make a difference!
Welcome Weekend is a major University event for all new first-year & transfer students. We’re looking for motivated and energetic student leaders to work as Pack Leaders for Welcome Weekend through Husky Kick-off.
Pack Leader responsibilities:
- Participation in Pack Leader training sessions in April 2015 (You must attend ONE each week)
- April 15 from 5 - 7 PM or April 17 from 1 - 3 PM
- April 22 from 5 - 7 PM or April 24 from 1 - 3 PM
*Concerns about training days/times should be directed to Orientation staff
- Participation in ALL scheduled staff meetings throughout Welcome Weekend and Husky Kick-off
- Facilitation of meetings with orientation student groups, on Welcome Weekend and as scheduled through the first two weeks of classes
- Support of orientation in other ways as needed throughout Welcome Weekend
- In general, serve as a guide and resource to new students and their families
Eligibility and qualifications:
(Please note: current Community Advisors (CAs) are not eligible to serve as OLs because of their commitment to Residential Life that weekend)
- be in good academic standing
- have completed at least 24 college credits & at least one semester at SCSU (New Spring 2015 students are welcome to apply!)
- have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- be available for ALL Pack Leader training and service dates
- First, you'll submit our application (Now closed for Fall 2015)
- Agree to a grade and conduct check
- Attend and fully participate in your group interview
- Participate in an individual interview, if requested by Orientation staff
- Students may be asked to provide references
Questions about being a Pack Leader? Can't make the group interviews? Let us know! We can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org or (320) 308-2941. We may be able to offer individual interviews for students with extenuating circumstances.
What exactly are Orientation Leaders aka "Pack Leaders"?
Your Pack Leader is your guide to St. Cloud State University. These are returning students who have been at SCSU for at least a semester, are involved on campus and are committed to helping you make a smooth, successful transition to this new stage of your journey through life.
Our Pack Leaders include: student leaders across campus, student-athletes, international students, adult learners/non-traditional students, University Ambassadors, Peer Mentors, Peer Advisors, and students who just want to get more involved in campus.
They are involved in the University Program Board, honorary societies, student government, fraternities and sororities, international clubs, education abroad, Husky Sports Band, choir, athletics, and so much more.... And they are looking forward to meeting you!
You'll find Pack Leaders throughout New Student Orientation. Look for them in their NEON Husky Pack t-shirts!
Applications for new Orientation Leaders have now closed. Information on joining our team for Fall 2016 Welcome Weekend will be available in late fall 2015.
So whether you want to return to our team as an orientation leader, take on a new leadership role, or become a first-time orientation leader, we hope to see you at our group interview sessions after spring break! Click the photo to the left to learn more about Pack Leader responsibilities, trainings and to submit your application!