Did You Know...?
- Only 1/3 of all physics teachers have a physics degree or majored in physics education.
- By the time African American and Latino children reach the age of 17, they typically have been taught only to the same level as 13-year old white children.
- In the St. Paul School District, 40% of students speak a language other than English at home.
- The climate created by the principal will be a factor in a teacher’s success or failure.
- ESL funding covers kids only for their first 5 years in the United States. Research shows that it takes at least 7 years to become proficient in the English language.
- Approximately 50% of teachers in the nation leave teaching in their first 5 years
- A study by Education Week magazine found a 49-to-1 ratio of ESL students to certified teachers in Minnesota. Nationally, the ratio stands at 19-to-1.
The Teacher Preparation Initiative (TPI) will strengthen teacher preparation!
ST CLOUD STATE UNIVERSITY