Dial A Ride: Maple Grove, MN
Dial-a-Ride is an advance reservation, shared-ride, curb-to-curb van service available to all Maple Grove residents.
- Ride Reservation Number: 763-493-2200
- Service Hours: Monday - Friday from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- No service on Sundays or Holidays (New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas).
- Service Area: Within City of Maple Grove boundaries, plus service to City of Osseo, Hennepin Technical College / North Hennepin Community College, and Starlight Transit Station (next to Cub Foods in Brooklyn Park)
- Fares: $1.75 cash per one way ride (exact change, no checks.) Children 5 years old and younger ride free.
Dial-A-Ride: Plymouth, MN
Dial-A-Ride is a curb-to-curb, shared-ride transit service for Plymouth residents and their guests.
- Ride reservation Number: 763-509-5057
- Service Hours: 6:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- A deluxe mini-bus will take you anywhere in Plymouth and to these locations outside Plymouth:
- Ridgedale Mall
- Downtown Wayzata
- Golden Valley Center
- New Hope K-Mart
The Twin Cities Graduate Center is located less than 1 mile from bus stops for Metro Transit Route 788 and Route 790.
Maple Grove Transit Station (Metro Transit) is located at: 12350 Main Street N Maple Grove, MN 55369
Taxi Service in Maple Grove and the surrounding community
Yellow Taxi Service Corp: (800) 829-4222 or (612) 424-4639
- Base Fare: $2.50 plus $2.50 per mile
- Waiting: $24/hr
- Up to 6 people can share a ride.
Suburban Taxi: (763) 545-1234
- Base Fare: $5 plus $2.20 per mile
- Waiting: $20/hr
- Up to 6 people can share a ride.
Getting to and from St. Cloud and the Maple Grove
- Maple Grove pick-up/drop-off is at Maple Grove Transit Station (12350 Main Street North, Maple Grove, MN 55369)
- St. Cloud pick-up/drop-off is at 510 First Street South, St. Cloud, MN 56301
- Cost for one-way trip is $18
- Cost for round-trip is $36
There are several sites that allow individuals to register and then search for carpools. Students may be able to find a carpool that would get them to Maple Grove from St. Cloud or from St. Cloud to Maple Grove.
Minnesota Driver Licensure and Minnesota identification (Minnesota ID card)
Information about obtaining a Minnesota driver’s license or a Minnesota identification card (ID) can be found at: https://dps.mn.gov/divisions/dvs/forms-documents/Documents/NewResident.pdf
- A driver’s license and automobile insurance are required for driving in Minnesota. All driver license applicants must pass a knowledge test (also called a “written test”) of Minnesota driving rules. Some applicants are also required to pass a driving test (also called a “road test’). (This depends on the state or country in which you are currently licensed: check the information sheet at the above link to determine whether you need to pass a road test.)
- Many insurance companies offer automobile insurance. Here is a partial list:
- State Farm Insurance: http://www.statefarm.com/
- Allstate Insurance: http://www.allstate.com/
- Geico Insurance: http://www.geico.com/
- Progressive Insurance: http://www.progressive.com/
Where to go to apply for a driver’s license or state ID card:
You can apply for a Minnesota driver’s license or ID card and pay application fees at a Hennepin County Government Center. You can also register your motor vehicle (car, motorcycle) at a government center. There are several government center locations in and around the Maple Grove area.
Take the knowledge test and road test to obtain a Minnesota driver’s license.
The driver testing location nearest Maple Grove is in Plymouth. Other testing locations that are easy to get to from Maple Grove are located in St. Cloud, Elk River, Anoka, and Arden Hills.