Office of Summer Sessions
Center for Continuing Studies
Brown Hall 312
Information for Student Guests
St. Cloud State welcomes non-admitted students. You can join us as a Special Student Registrant if:
- You are going to be a senior in high school. Please note: The Post Secondary Enrollment Option (PSEO) is not available during summer session.
- You are a high school graduate or hold a GED.
- You are a visiting undergraduate student.
- You are a visiting graduate student.
- You are a working professional with a high school diploma and wish to try out a class or to expand your horizons.
- The special student registration form found on the Office of Records and Registration Non-Degree Seeking (Special) Students page.
- Allow two business days for your information to be entered into the student system before registering. You can then go online to access your SCSU Student ID number (also known as Tech ID).
- Rising seniors, you must provide information on your academic standing, with signatures from your high school counselor and parents, to the Office of Records and Registration.
To find your Login ID (Star ID or Tech ID), follow the steps below.
- Go to www.stcloudstate.edu/registrar/. Click on “e-Services Sign-In” link.
- Login ID: (Tech ID or Star ID)
- If you do not know your Login ID, click on the "Need Login Help?" link.
- Click on the "Forgot Tech ID?" link or Forgot Star ID? link.
- Star ID: Visit https://starid.mnscu.edu/ for information about activating your Star ID.
- Click on the "Login" link.
- Tech ID Password:
- Upon entering SCSU, your password is set to your birth date in year, month, day order (YYMMDD). Birth date Example: February 14, 1972 =Your password is 720214
- After entering the system for the first time, you will be required to change your password to a new 8-20 character password known only to you.
- Password must have a minimum of 8 characters (letters, numbers or special characters)
- Password must have 3 of the 4 types of characters (upper case, lower case, numbers, special characters)
- Do not begin or end your new password with zero
- Your password cannot remain your birthday.
- If a password is forgotten and you have an active HuskyNet email account, you can have a new password sent to your HuskyNet email account. Click on “Forgot Password?” Enter your SCSU ID#, your HuskyNet email address.
- If a password is forgotten and you do not have an active HuskyNet email account, please contact the Office of Records and Registration for assistance (320-308-2111) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Star ID Password:
- Visit https://starid.mnscu.edu/ and click on StarId Self Service for password assistance
- Click on Return to Login
You may then register using:
- The Online Registration System at www.stcloudstate.edu/registrar/. Click on “e-Services Sign-In.”
- The Registration Timetable for your window to register.
- Once you have your SCSU ID number, access the online registration system at www.stcloudstate.edu/registrar to register for your classes. Click on “e-Services Sign-In.”
- Non-admitted students are allowed to register beginning on February 19 and until the start of classes.
Registering as a Special Student Registrant means:
- You have been given an opportunity to REGISTER at SCSU.
- You are NOT admitted to an undergraduate or graduate program.
- Be extremely cautious in how many credits you accumulate through this registration category if you have ANY intention of later seeking a SCSU degree. See bulletins for details.
- Advising assistance is available through SCSU’s Academic Advising Center. Call 320.308.6075 for an appointment.
- We hope you thrive in and enjoy your class enough to desire admittance to SCSU. Contact the undergraduate or graduate admissions offices for assistance.
- Grades you receive as a special student registrant will be considered part of your academic record if you seek admission to SCSU.
Need help registering?
Registration Helpline: 320.308.2111
Available spring hours:
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday
Available summer hours:
7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m., Monday-Friday