Earned credit hour requirement
A student registering for the next semester must complete the required number of semester credits at the time of advance registration to be eligible to register for the following courses:
|ACCT 291, 292||12 credits|
|IS 242||12 credits|
|BLAW 235||12 credits|
|ED 351||60 credits|
|HLTH 405||30 credits|
|SSCI 301, 460||48 credits|
|SSCI 470||45 credits|
|MGMT 497*||90 credits|
|MKTG 429*||90 credits|
*Students may enroll in MKTG 429 and MGMT 497 only in the last semester of their program. In order to register for these courses, students must have completed 90 credits at the time of advance registration. In order to be seated in the class, students should have completed a minimum of 105 credits. Only business majors may enroll in MGMT 497. NOTE: All other Herberger Business School 300- and 400–level courses have a minimum requirement of 45 semester credits for enrollment.
Herberger Business School
Undergraduate registration requirements
A student must have:
- a 2.40 GPA and 12 semester credits completed at the time of advance registration to enroll in ACCT 291 and 292; IS 242; BLAW 235.
- To enroll in 300- and 400-level courses offered by the Herberger Business School, a student must be admitted to a business major or minor.
- Non-business majors must have permission of the department chair to enroll in 300/400-level business courses. Generally, permission is given only if the student:
- has completed at least 45 credits at the time of advance registration for the following semester,
- has been admitted to a major or minor requiring these courses,
- has a cumulative GPA of 2.65 or higher, and
- has the appropriate prerequisites. (Nonbusiness majors may take no more than 25 percent of their total university course work in the G.R. Herberger College of Business.
School of Education
Elementary Education undergraduate registration requirements
A student must have:
- a GPA of 2.50 to be scheduled in ED 200 (transfer GPA recognized until SCSU GPA established).
- Admission to ED 305, 310, 315, 407, 408, 409, 411, 412, 413, 414, 416, 420 and 422 requires a GPA of 2.75 or better.
- Students must be admitted to the major to enroll in Blocks 2, 3 and 4.
- Admission to the Elementary K-8 major and to student teaching requires a 2.75 GPA and a grade of C (not C-) or better in all required major courses.
- Pre-Professional Skill Test (PPST) results are required to enroll in ED block courses and most 300- to 400-level education courses.
Information on PPST can be obtained in the Office of Clinical Experiences, Education Building, B120, or by calling 320.308.4783.