Registration Information for Special Students (Student Guests)
|Admitted student registration|
|When to register|
|What you need to know: A-Z|
|Online registration guide|
|Special Student Registration Form|
Registration Checklist for Summer Session Student Guests
SCSU welcomes non-admitted students! You are welcome to join us as a Special Student Registrant if:
- You are going to be a senior in high school. Please note: The Post Secondary Enrollment Option (PSEO) is not available during summer session.
- You are a high school graduate or hold a GED.
- You are a visiting undergraduate student.
- You are a visiting graduate student.
- You are a working professional with a high school diploma and wish to try out a class or to expand your horizons.
- The special student registration form found on the Office of Records and Registration Non-Degree Seeking (Special) Students page.
- Allow two business days for your information to be entered into the student system before registering. You can then go online to access your SCSU Student ID number (also known as Tech ID).
- Rising seniors, you must provide information on your academic standing, with signatures from your high school counselor and parents, to the Office of Records and Registration.
To find your Student ID, follow the steps below.
- Log on to www.stcloudstate.edu/registrar/. Click on “e-Services Sign-In” link.
- Click on Need Login Help? Link
- Click on Forgot Tech ID? Link
- Enter your Email address and Social Security Number (enter all nine digits–no hyphens) and your password. Your password is set to your birth date in year, month, day order, (yymmdd), (example: 720214-February 14, 1972).
- Click on Look up ID
- Your SCSU Student ID will display.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU WRITE THIS NUMBER DOWN AND KEEP IT IN A SAFE PLACE. YOU WILL NEED THIS NUMBER FOR REGISTRATION. If your SCSU ID does not display, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click on Return to Login
You may then register using:
- The Online Registration System at www.stcloudstate.edu/registrar/. Click on “e-Services Sign-In.”
- The Registration Timetable for your window to register.
- Once you have your SCSU ID number, access the online registration system at www.stcloudstate.edu/registrar to register for your classes. Click on “e-Services Sign-In.”
- Non-admitted students are allowed to register beginning on February 20 and until the start of classes.
Registering as a Special Student Registrant means:
- You have been given an opportunity to REGISTER at SCSU.
- You are NOT admitted to an undergraduate or graduate program.
- Be extremely cautious in how many credits you accumulate through this registration category if you have ANY intention of later seeking a SCSU degree. See bulletins for details.
- Advising assistance is available through SCSU’s Academic Advising Center. Call 320.308.6075 for an appointment.
- We hope you thrive in and enjoy your class enough to desire admittance to SCSU. Contact the undergraduate or graduate admissions offices for assistance.
- Grades you receive as a special student registrant will be considered part of your academic record if you seek admission to SCSU.
Need help? SCSU Online Registration Guide
HELP Line 320.308.3936
Available Spring Hours:
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday
Available Summer Hours:
7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Monday-Friday