Student Code of Conduct - Student Rights and Responsibilities
Student freedoms and rights include, but are not limited to:
- Freedom of inquiry, speech and assembly.
- Freedom from threats.
- Freedom from acts of violence.
- Freedom from unfair or obscene treatment from others.
- Freedom from interference from others in an unreasonable and unauthorized manner while in class, activities and public events.
- Freedom from theft and willful destruction of personal property.
- Right to study and to learn in an atmosphere of academic freedom.
- Right to procedural due process in the University student conduct process.
- Right to be governed by justifiable academic regulations.
- Right to be informed of the regulations and standards for academic and social conduct, and graduation requirements of the University.
- Right to petition for redress of grievances, academic and nonacademic.
- Right to be informed in writing of alleged violations of the Student Code of Conduct.
Each student has the responsibility:
- To respect others’ rights, their property, and University property.
- To recognize that one’s choices and actions reflect upon self and the University community.
- To recognize the University has a duty to provide safe environments that are conducive to learning and inquiry.
- To be fully acquainted with University policies and procedures, including the Student Code of Conduct.
- To adhere to the academic requirements determined by individual faculty, the colleges and schools, and St. Cloud State University.