News: StarID Conversion for ITS Employees
ITS employees will be converted to using StarID next week. As you know, your StarID will replace your SCSU ID, Tech ID and HuskyNetID for logins, but your email address will not change. We realize that there will be various issues that need to be addressed as they are discovered. Please be patient – we know this is going to be a bit bumpy, but it will help ensure a much smoother conversion for the rest of campus on March 7th.
You are scheduled to start using your StarID on Tuesday, January 21st after 10:30am.
What to Expect
Once you have been converted to your StarID , you will need to take the following steps:
- Restart your computer and log back in using your StarID and password.
- If you have any mobile devices connected to wireless, you will need to forget those networks and reconnect using your StarID and password.
- You will need to reconfigure your St. Cloud State email on your smartphone if you have one.
- Start using your StarID to authenticate to the applications and programs you use (e.g. email, SharePoint, Student Timeclock, etc.)
- Things breaking. Yes, expect things to break and please report them (see below).
Reporting Issues and Getting Support
Any issues you have with accessing wireless, email, file or web space, or specialized programs/applications you normally have logged onto in the past using your HuskyNet ID can be reported to StarID@stcloudstate.edu or contact HuskyTech at 320-308-7000. If you receive an error while trying to log into a program or application, please take a screen capture of the error message if possible and send that to the email address listed above. If you are unable to take a screen capture, please try to document at what point the problem occurred and any errors that may appear or photograph the screen with your cell phone or camera and send to StarID@stcloudstate.ede.
Additional information will be available at the following web site: www.stcloudstate.edu/StarID including known issues and frequently asked questions. We will continue to send out updates and more information as necessary.