Electronic Portfolio - Entry 3.1/Philosophy of Education
Standard A – Central Concepts, Tools or Inquiry & History and Context
Philosophy of Education
Using the information from the inventory you completed in the class to write your philosophy of education. Double-space your paper, please. Your philosophy should address the following:
- Introduction: What is the purpose of the paper? How will the paper be organized? One paragraph.
- Humankind: View of the learner paragraph, underpinned by your philosophy. What do you believe to be the nature of children as learners? One paragraph.
- Purpose of Schools in Society: What should schools contain or emphasize? What attitudes, skills and content must be focused on in the school. Three key topics, three paragraphs, that reflect your philosophy.
- Teacher: Describe the duties and attributes that you believe contribute to highly qualified teachers in one paragraph. Describe what effective teaching strategies mirror your philosophy in a second paragraph.
- Classroom Organization: Two paragraphs describing how your philosophy impacts how you organize your learning environment and your classroom management.
- Conclusion: One paragraph that summarizes your information.
- Introduction 5 pts.
- Humankind 5 pts.
- Purpose of Schools 15 pts.
- Teacher 10 pts.
- Classroom Organization 10 pts.
- Conclusion 5 pts.
Total Possible: 50 pts.
Note: Overall writing clarity, typing errors, grammar, and thoroughness of your ideas will be taken into consideration for your grade. Edit your work!