The School of Education is committed to providing opportunities for faculty to gain knowledge and skills related to global education. These opportunities are evolving out of our institutional partnerships in China and South Africa.
The purpose of the development of these opportunities is to provide an international faculty exchange experience for interested faculty from the School of Education that achieves the following goals:
- To provide faculty exchange experiences in a rich, cross cultural environment
- To learn about the history, political environment, and social/cultural values of other countries
- To attain a comparative perspective of education
- To increase global competencies and skills for working within other cultures
- To enhance opportunities for faculty to strengthen comparative pedagogy and gain perspectives of education within their curriculum
The vision of this collaborative project is to grow and develop the capability of a high quality, sustainable international faculty exchange program for faculty from all areas within the School of Education at SCSU.
Through the university partnership with Beijing Normal University in Beijing, China, and Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University in South Africa, discussions are occurring for developing and implementing reciprocal faculty exchanges. The goal of the exchange agreement between the Colleges of Education at each institution is to promote opportunities for faculty from each institution to teach short term special topics courses during May intersession or summer sessions.
More details about these opportunities will be posted when the institutional agreements are finalized, but we aspire to have these opportunities made available beginning in the summer of 2008.