Agency Field Manual- Policies and Procedures
POLICY REGARDING STUDENTS FROM OTHER UNIVERSITIES TAKING THE SCSU SOCIAL WORK SENIOR SEMINAR IN OUR PROGRAM
- The Field Coordinator from the student's home program needs to begin the process by calling SCSU's Social Work Field Coordinator.
- The student must register appropriately so that the final grade can be easily submitted. The student needs to check with the seminar instructor during the first few weeks of the semester to make sure that her/his name is on the class roster.
- Our seminar instructor should be given a copy of the student's Learning Contract, and the name and phone number of the student's home program Faculty Liaison.
- The student will be required to do all seminar assignments, in addition to any assignments required for their practicum experience by the student's home program.
- The Field Coordinator from the other school needs to call the seminar instructor twice during the semester.
FIELD PLACEMENTS IN AN AGENCY WHERE THE STUDENT IS ALSO EMPLOYED
A student may complete their senior field placement at an agency where they are also employed, if they meet the following criteria:
- The student must be working in a unit that is separate from that in which they are employed, or else their field assignments must be focused on learning new skills and knowledge separate from their job assignments, and they must be learning new knowledge and skills that are appropriate for an entry-level bachelor's degree social worker.
- The student must receive supervision from a Field Instructor who is not the supervisor for their job.
FIELD PLACEMENTS IN AN AGENCY WHERE THEIR IMMEDIATE FIELD INSTRUCTOR DOES NOT HAVE a BSW or an MSW
A student may complete their senior field placement at an agency where their immediate field instructor does not have a BSW, under the following conditions:
- Another worker in the agency who does have a BSW or MSW degree may provide supplemental supervision, one hour a week);
- Another community social worker (i.e., an agency board member may provide supplemental supervision, one hour a week);
- The student may attend the supplemental supervisory meetings held every other Friday at St. Cloud State University , facilitated by the Field Coordinator.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPATING IN THE SENIOR PRACTICUM EXPERIENCE
A student may undertake their senior field placement under the following conditions:
- Completed all pre-requisites [transcript required as proof];
- Attained a grade of at least "C" in all pre-core and major courses;
- Attained a grade point average of at least 2.5.
- Students who do not meet these requirements will be required to postpone their placement until the requirements are met.