Tips For Finding A Job Both On and Off Campus
- Be persistent. View openings at least once a week at www.scsustudentjobs.com or in our office at AS 101. Positions are available to browse through 24 hours a day and are updated often.
- Carefully review job requirements. Only apply if you are interested in the position, meet the minimum requirements and can work the hours listed.
- Make sure your resume is up to date and accurate. The Career Services Center has staff available to help you with your resume and interviewing skills.
- Donít be afraid to call a few days after submitting your application to check the status.
Other tips for students
- A full time student (taking 12 credits or more) should only work an average of 20-25 hours per week maximum to ensure enough time is spent on homework. A part time student (less then 12 credits) should work an average of 30 hours per week maximum to allow for enough time to complete homework assignments.
- Direct Deposit is available for students who work on SCSU campus. Forms can be obtained by contacting the Business Office in AS 121.