People Make Our World
people call St. Cloud State University home. People
from every walk of life—from rural Minnesota to urban Texas, Australia
to South Korea. It doesn’t take long to realize the people of St. Cloud
State University have much in common.
People here are inquisitive. They’re
active. They want to know. This is a place for people who dream
of making the world a better place—but who don’t just daydream
about it. They want to make it happen—and there are people in place
here to help them do it.
Dedicated faculty members. Passionate staff.
All here with one goal: to make sure
you receive a smart investment in a global education.
We don’t have to look far to spot one of our successful graduates. St.
Cloud State has more than 100,000 alumni around the world. Here are a few
of our accomplished alums:
- John Stumpf ’76, Wells
Fargo president and chief executive officer
- Ty Ellingson ’82, Hollywood concept designer
and effects art director
- Sarah Schmit ’02, account executive with
Cone, Inc., working with clients like Nestle Waters-Perrier, PetSafe and
the Make-a-Wish Foundation.
- Twin Cities meteorologist Sven
- USA Today Washington Editor Gwen Flanders ’72
- Ken Noyes ’79, former president of Schwan’s
- Ryan Weber ’03, founder of W3i, a global
- Wade Bresnahan ’92, microbiologist and
Ready to be one of St. Cloud State’s success stories? The
numbers are in your favor:
- Ninety-two percent of our available graduates are employed within a year
in a field related to their major.
- Within a year of graduating, 15 percent of our students attend graduate
school – and even more do so within five years.
- Our science and engineering graduates frequently go to graduate schools
such as Johns Hopkins, Michigan, Stanford, Rice, California Tech, Mayo
Medical and Princeton.
- Harvard, Penn, University of Chicago, Michigan and other big-name colleges
regularly admit St. Cloud State graduates to their law schools.
- Our nursing program boasted a 100-percent pass rate on the 2006
state licensure exam – the only bachelor’s in nursing program
in the state to achieve that distinction.
- According to the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education,
St. Cloud State is the 15th largest producer of educators in the United
- Among Midwest colleges, our accounting graduates enjoy one of
the highest success rates on the Certified Public Accountant exam.
What our students have to say...
“I applied to seven universities when I first had the desire to come
to the United States. Four of my friends from high school recommended this
place to me, so I applied. Of all the universities that accepted me, St. Cloud
State was the only one that actually offered me a scholarship to come here.
When I first came to St. Cloud, I was expecting it to be a huge, big city.
But I wasn’t disappointed. Frankly, I’m happy that it’s a
small town. I get to see so many places without actually losing track of what
I’m doing here.”
Technology Management ’09
A whole new world opens up for you as a graduate with a degree
from St. Cloud State University. Our Career
Services Center provides
you with resources to succeed – in and out of college.
do that by:
- maintaining a job
and internship site so you can quickly and easily
explore these opportunities;
- hosting job
fairs so that you have access to companies and organizations
who are looking for people just like you;
- assisting you in choosing your major and exploring
- providing seminars to help you write a resume, prepare for job
interviews and search
- holding employer panels and presentations;
- offering career advice; and providing a resource
the Career Services Center.
Through our Career Services Center, St. Cloud
State provides you with the resources you need to succeed – in
and out of college.
See how successful your world can be with a global education from
St. Cloud State University.