PSEO Student Orientation
The PSEO Orientation program is designed to help you transition from high school student to official SCSU student. We host a two part program to allow you time to understand how our program works and the expectations we have of you as a PSEO student. You must attend an on-campus orientation program prior to registering for courses. We know you have very busy schedules, so part of the program is completed online at your own convenience. The second portion is done on-campus to familiarize you with our buildings and campus layout. It also gives you an opportunity to meet our staff.
Admitted PSEO students:
Please complete the following steps
- STEP 1:
. Fall 2013 on campus sessions will be posted in June. Students must register for a group orientation program.
- STEP 2: Complete the online orientation program. This will last approximately 10 minutes. After watching the presentation, you will need to complete the included survey to show us the knowledge that you gained. Please include your full name.
- STEP 3: Watch the new PSEO Student Video (above). This will provide insight to becoming an official SCSU student, including information on how to get your SCSU ID card, establish your official Huskynet email account and engage in the SCSU community. Plus it’s really cool.
- STEP 4: Complete Placement Testing (if needed). Registration for some courses is based upon placement scores from the ACT, SAT or Accuplacer. Please see the Placement Testing Flow Chart to determine if you need to test or not. We strongly encourage you to complete placement testing prior to your registration to avoid any conflicts in securing the classes you want.
Placement testing will be offered in conjunction with PSEO orientation sessions, but we recommend testing in advance if possible.
Please visit the Placement Testing website for additional information: www.stcloudstate.edu/placementtesting. To schedule a test, please follow the instructions on their website for PSEO students.
COMPLETE STEPS 1-4 BEFORE PROCEEDING TO STEPS 5-6
- STEP 5: Attend your on-campus PSEO Student Orientation program. We will discuss the program policies, student expectations, learn about course selection and meet in small groups to register for fall courses & activate your SCSU official email account, HuskyNet.
- STEP 6: Secure your SCSU ID card, textbooks, materials, parking permits, meal plans & anything else you'd like before classes begin!