PSEO Student Orientation
The PSEO Orientation program is designed to help you transition from high school student to official SCSU student. We host a two part program to allow you time to understand how our program works and the expectations we have of you as a PSEO student. You must attend an on-campus orientation program prior to registering for courses. We know you have very busy schedules, so part of the program is completed online at your own convenience. The second portion is done on-campus to familiarize you with our advisors and to assist with your course registration.
Admitted PSEO students:
Please complete the following steps
- STEP 1:
.Register for an on-campus Orientation Program. Registration for Fall 2014 Orientation will be available in June.
- Students should plan to bring a photo ID, their SCSU ID number (found on your acceptance letter) and a list of course(s) you need for spring semester.
- Students who will only be taking one online course who live outside of the St. Cloud region may have the option of a phone/Skype session. Please contact a staff member for details.
- STEP 2: Complete the online orientation program. This will last approximately 10 minutes. After watching the presentation, you will need to complete the included survey to show us the knowledge that you gained. Please include your full name to get credit for completing the program.
- STEP 3: Watch the new PSEO Student Video (above). This will provide insight to becoming an official SCSU student, including information on how to get your SCSU ID card, establish your official Huskynet email account and engage in the SCSU community. Plus it’s really cool.
- STEP 4: Complete Placement Testing (if needed). Registration for some courses is based upon placement scores from the ACT, SAT or Accuplacer. Please see the Placement Testing Policy to determine if you need to test or not and schedule your placement test. Staff in First Year & Transition Programs can assist you in course recommendations as well. We strongly encourage you to complete placement testing prior to your registration to avoid any conflicts in securing the classes you want. We have simplified the Accuplacer registration process for PSEO students. Simply log in and check "PSEO English" or "PSEO Mathematics" or both, depending upon the placement test(s) you need.
- STEP 5: Attend your on-campus PSEO Student Orientation program. We will discuss the program policies, student expectations, learn about course selection and meet in small groups to register for spring courses & activate your SCSU official email account, HuskyNet. Parents/family members cannot attend in place of PSEO students, but may attend as guests. Students must attend the entire Orientation program, lasting approximately 2 hours. Students may choose to stay to register, or may leave and register on their own.
- NOTE: This format does not allow for individual advising appointments. Students are to come to the program with a list of courses they need to fulfill their high school graduation requirements and their SCSU equivalencies. Students who have completed all high school requirements should spend time prior to Orientation considering course options, academic interests and possible major programs. We strongly recommend you connect with the college/university you plan to attend following high school for course recommendations as well.
- STEP 6: Secure your SCSU ID card, textbooks, materials, parking permits, meal plans & anything else you'd like before classes begin. We recommend doing these things over winter break and in early January.