The World of St. Cloud State
Your world is about to change. At St. Cloud State University,
we understand that having a child go off to school impacts the whole family. You
can take comfort in knowing that your student is attending an institution
- Offers a smart investment in a global education at an accredited institution where tuition is significantly lower
than comparable private institutions and even large public universities.
- Places teaching first. That means our faculty members
will know not only your student’s name, but his or her passions,
strengths and weaknesses. They’ll be paying attention—steering
your student toward a wealth of opportunities, from clubs
and organizations to internships, study
and research projects.
- Secures safe—and fun—living options for students, from
traditional residence halls to suites to apartment-style
- Offers an ideal location in a community that’s about an hour’s drive to the Twin Cities and
all that this urban setting has to offer.
- Provides more than 200 majors, minors and pre-professional
programs to choose from so there are plenty of worlds
to explore and new options to discover.
- Offers outlets for creativity and school spirit through nearly 250
student clubs and organizations—as well as varsity
sports, like our NCAA Division I men’s and women’s
ice hockey teams.
- Welcomes a diverse, 16,400-strong student population including about 1,000 international students from more than 80 nations.
- Prepares students for a world of opportunities after
graduation: 92 percent of our available graduates are employed in
a field related to their major within one year—and 15 percent attend
graduate school within one year of graduation and even more do so within
If you have questions now or in the future, simply let us know. We’re
not just here for your student. We’re here for the whole family.