Coborn Plaza Apts
Residence Hall Association
Emergency Information and Planning
Meningococcal Disease and the Vaccine
Shoemaker Hall is located on the south end of campus, close to classes. It offers a great view of the Mississippi River. Shoemaker Hall is an active hall that takes pride in its strong sense of community. The basement contains a large rec room with ping-pong and pool tables, and two laundry rooms. There are also several different TV lounges. Other conveniences include an ice machine and vending machines available on the main floor, and several study lounges throughout the building. Every floor has a full kitchen/lounge. North Shoemaker Hall was completely renovated during the summer of 2011 and boasts wooden floors in student rooms and high ceilings. East and West were completely renovated as well and will open for new students in Fall 2014. A new Technology room has been added, new floor lounges, updated bathrooms, new lobby furniture and moveable room furniture are just a few of the many upgrades.
- 422 residents
- Three sections: East, West and North Shoemaker
- North Shoemaker Hall went through an extensive renovation process in the Summer of 2011, and East and West was renovated in 2013-14.
- 13 total floors, alternating male/female, West 1st-Floo is a, co-ed community and home to the Pre-Business Living Community.
- New modular/moveable room furnishings
- Quiet study areas
- Kitchen/lounge facilities on every floor
- Large rec room with pool, ping-pong and foosball table
- 24 hour card swipe Computer lab
- Two laundry rooms
- Extra long mattresses in each room (36 x 80 inches)
Additional amenities include:
- Recycling rooms throughout the building
- Ice machine and vending machines
- Reception desk staffed 24 hours a day
- This hall will offer break housing during the 2014-15 academic year
- Laser printer service at reception desk
- Extensive safety & security program
- All residence halls are smoke-free
Loft & Refrigerator Rental Information
**Please note: Adjustable beds and moveable furniture are provided in Shoemaker Hall rooms so there is no need to rent a loft. Students may still rent a Microfridge and futon.
915 1st Avenue South, Room Number
St. Cloud, MN 56301-4497
**Shoemaker Hall addresses must include the floor letter (N, E or W) before the mailbox number. North Shoemaker Hall addresses would look like N102.
Residence Hall Director
East and West Shoemaker Hall Artist Renderings