Stateview Apartments is made up of four person apartments. Each apartment has four private bedrooms, living room, bathroom, and kitchen with basic appliances. Each apartment is completely carpeted and furnished with:
- Cable Cord & Hook-up
- Phone hookup, local telephone service & voice mail (any credit card or phone card may be used for long distance calls)
- Smoke Detector
- Air Conditioner
- Window Coverings
Due to limited space, storage space is not available. Students are expected to keep all personal items within the confines of their room. In addition, all residential life furniture is university property and may not be removed from the student’s room.
Upon check-in, you will receive a Room Condition Report (RCR) specifying the physical condition of your room. You should carefully record the condition of each item listed on your RCR. Upon check out, your RA/ACA will inventory your room again to ascertain any damages, and charges will be assessed accordingly.
To avoid any charges at check-out please keep the following things in mind:
- No Painting, nails, or tacks on walls, ceiling, doors, etc.
- Paint chips as a result of tape or other adhesives to hang pennants, posters and other decorations will be charged accordingly.
- Light fixtures in student rooms may not be altered, changed or covered in any manner. Lamps and lights which students bring from home or purchase must be UL approved. Halogen lights/lamps are not allowed.
- Lofts must be free-standing. Bolts, nails, etc. are not to be driven into the walls/ceiling or any university furniture. More information on loft guidelines...
It is important to personalize your room to make yourself comfortable and at home. We encourage you to bring some of your special belongings like your favorite blankets, bedspreads, pictures, posters, etc. We have also prepared a check-list of suggested items that you may want to bring. Keep in mind that these are suggestions only. Please bring whatever will make YOU feel comfortable and at home. Also remember that there is limited space in your room so be sure to contact your roommate to find out what they’re bringing so you don’t end up with too many big items. You and your roommate will totally transform your room when you arrive and move your own belongings in. Before you know it, the SCSU residence halls will seem like home to you!