Residential Life Students eating in Garvey

Community Advisor Qualifications

ca qualifications

Community Advisors (CA's)

A CA lives on each floor/area of every residence hall. CAs are full-time students who are carefully selected and trained to assist floor members in every way possible. CAs assist students in adjusting to campus and residence hall life. They also facilitate a positive community atmosphere on the floor. CAs take part in the day-to-day activities of hall life and plan special events for students. Our main hiring process for fall openings occurs the preceding spring semester. For more information contact the Department of Residential Life in the Ervin House at 320-308-2166.

Minimum Qualifications:

  • Full-time student status, enrolled in no less that 12 and no more than 17 credits per semester
  • Minimum of 24 credits completed prior to start date
  • Graduate students must be enrolled in more than 8 credit hours
  • Maintain cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above
  • Commitment to serving a full academic year in the CA role
  • Good University standing - not on University conduct or academic probation
  • Clear a criminal background check and meet employment eligibility requirements
  • Previous leadership experience or campus involvement desired
  • Two semesters of on-campus residence hall living experience preferred
  • Education majors enrolled in the following courses are not eligible for the CA position:
      • ED 466
      • ED 467
      • ED 420 (Block 3)
      • ED 422 (Block 4)


Untitled Document