Veterans Administration Regulations
St. Cloud State Veterans Web Site: http://www.stcloudstate.edu/registrar/veterans/
SCSU Veterans GI Bill Benefits Office – Admin. Services Bldg-Rm 118 - Phone (320) 308-4040
V.A. Education Benefits Toll Free Number - 1-888-442-4551 (1-888-GIBill-1)
GI Bill Web Site: http://www.gibill.va.gov --- Direct Deposit Number is 1-877-838-2778
(PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY AND KEEP IT FOR FUTURE REFERENCE)
TO CONTINUE RECEIVING GI BILL PAYMENTS, YOU NEED TO DO THE FOLLOWING:
- Apply at the SCSU veterans office each summer, fall,
or spring to re-establish your benefits for the coming semester or school
year by completing the SCSU enrollment application.
- Notify the SCSU veterans office (320-308-4040) immediately of
any changes you make in: a) your credit load b) your
address or c) your major. E-mail Kathie at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Verify your monthly enrollment on or after the last day of each month by calling 1-877-823-2378 if you have had no change in credit load OR by going to VA website to WAVE at https://www.gibill.va.gov/wave/index.do to verify and/or make changes affecting pay. (You must do this before your payment will be released!!)
- Send your AARTS, SMART or CCAF transcript to the Records
Office, Room AS-118 to have your military education credits evaluated
and applied to your college degree requirements.
- Make normal academic progress by earning a minimum
cumulative grade point average of 2.00 after two terms.
- Know the policy on repeating a class. You
cannot be paid for a course in which you previously received a passing
grade (D or better) unless a higher grade is required for the
major or is a prerequisite for another course needed in your major.
- Know that a course that meets only part of the
term will lower your credits and pay for the other part
of the term unless total credits remain above 12 for the whole
- Know the reasons that an overpayment in your
account may occur and the consequences of such.
Some of the reasons are:
- withdrawing from a course without mitigating circumstances and/or dropping below 12 credits.
- receiving a grade which does not count toward graduation requirements.
- repeating a class in which you previously received a passing grade.
The consequences are:
- you will either have to repay the overpayment to the VA if you quit school OR
- your future payments will be reduced until the overpayment is paid off.
- Apply for your major after you have completed 60 credits
or get a waiver from your advisor indicating when you will
be admitted into your major program.
- Call the toll-free number, 1-888-442-4551,
or go to the VA website and click on “Ask a
Question” to find out your remaining months of eligibility,
to notify them of your address change, and to get answers to your questions
regarding the amount or whereabouts of your monthly payment.