Instructions for Application for an Administrative License
The directions outlined below are for candidates already holding a valid Minnesota license. If this is your first time full professional license in Minnesota, please refer to the instruction for a full professional license.
IMPORTANT: The Minnesota Department of Education (MDE) requires a single packet submission for a license application. Therefore, send all documents to the SCSU Office of Records and Registration. Your application documents will be forwarded to the MDE after verification. Any partial or incomplete submission will be returned to the applicant.
Before applying for the license, do the following:
- Submit the Application for the Sixth-Year Graduate Certificate Completion to the Office of Records/Registration: http://www.stcloudstate.edu/srfs/_files/documents/registration/certificate-completion-application-graduate.pdf
- Verify that all grades and your graduate certificate have been recorded on your SCSU academic record by checking your academic record online.
- Confirm that all financial obligations have been satisfied at St. Cloud State University.
Submit the following items to the St. Cloud State Office of Records and Registration for institutional endorsement:
- Completed license application and conduct review statement
- Go to the Minnesota Department of Education at http://www.education.state.mn.us/mde/index.html. Select Licensing. Select Apply for an EducatorLicense.
- Select Application to Add a Field to an Existing Minnesota License.
- You have two choices to complete the Application for Minnesota Teaching/Administrative/Related Services form:
- complete it on your computer and then print it OR
- print it and complete it using black ink. Please call 651-582-8691 if you experience any problems.
- Complete sections 1, 2, 3, and 4. Do not complete section 5 - it will be completed by the Certifying Licensure Officer at St. Cloud State.
- In Section 6 – Employment Verification for Administrative Licensure – this teaching experience section must be verified by your school district. Section 6 is only for those applying for Superintendent, Principal, and/or Director of Special Education licenses. This section must be documented BEFORE you submit your application to St. Cloud State.
- Complete the Conduct Review Statement – p.4, p.5 and, if applicable, p.6. Be sure to sign and date p.5.
- A copy of your Minnesota teaching license.
- Personal check, money order, or cashier’s check for $57.00 made payable to “Commissioner of MDE”.
- Personal check, money order, or cashier’s check for $10.00 made payable to “St. Cloud State University” for an official St. Cloud State transcript. The License Certifying Officer will request the official transcript to verify certificate completion and/or grades recorded.
- Original letter from your St. Cloud State Field Experience Supervisor in the Department of Educational Leadership verifying completion of the program for which you are applying.
All materials for licensure need to be sent to:
Office of Records and Registration
St. Cloud State University
720 4th Avenue South
St. Cloud, MN 56301-4498
If you have any questions regarding the processing of your administrative license, please contact Rita Moore at 320-308-4037 firstname.lastname@example.org.