Instructions for Application for an Administrative License
The directions outlined below are for candidates already holding a valid Minnesota license. If this is your first time full professional license in Minnesota, please refer to the First Time instructions.
IMPORTANT: The Minnesota Department of Education (MDE) requires a single packet submission for a license application. Therefore, send all documents to the SCSU Office of Records and Registration. Your application documents will be forwarded to the MDE after verification. Any partial or incomplete submission will be returned to the applicant. Before applying for the license, do the following:
- Apply for the Sixth-Year Certificate program with the School of Graduate Studies; and
- Verify that all grades and your certificate have been recorded on your SCSU academic record by checking your academic record online.
Submit the following items to the SCSU Office of Records and Registration for institutional endorsement:
- Completed license application.
- Go to the Minnesota Department of Education web site at http://www.education.state.mn.us/mde/index.html. Select Educator Excellence and then choose Licensing.
- Scroll down to Forms for Processes Not Yet Available Online and click on Application to Add a Field to an Existing Minnesota License.
- You have two choices to complete the Application for Minnesota Teaching/Administrative/Related Services form:
- complete it on your computer and then print it OR
- print it and complete it using black ink. Please call 651-582-8691 if you experience any problems.
- Complete sections 1, 2, 3, 4, and 6. Do not complete section 5 - it will be completed by the Certifying Licensure Officer at SCSU. NOTE: In Section 6 – Employment Verification for Administrative Licensure – this teaching experience section must be verified by your school district. Section 6 is only for those applying for Superintendent, Principal, and/or Director of Special Education licenses. This section must be documented BEFORE you submit your application to SCSU.
- Complete the Conduct Review Statement – p.4, p.5 and, if applicable, p.6. Be sure to sign and date p.5.
- Copy of your current teaching license (If you do not have a copy, you can download a copy from the MDE web site: http://www.education.state.mn.us/mde/index.html. Select Educator Excellence and then choose Licensing. From the sidebar choose Teacher License Lookup and enter your name.)
- Personal check, money order, or cashier’s check in the amount of $62.70 made payable to “Commissioner of MDE”.
- Personal check, money order, or cashier’s check in the amount of $5 made payable to SCSU for an official SCSU transcript. The License Certifying Officer will request the official transcript to verify certificate completion and/or grades recorded.
- Official transcripts from all institutions of higher education you attended related to your new endorsement only. You must order the transcripts and have them sent directly to your home. Keep them in the original sealed envelopes. Submit these transcripts with your application documents to the Office of Records and Registration. Do NOT have transcripts sent directly to SCSU.
- Original letter from your SCSU Field Experience Supervisor in the Department of Educational Leadership verifying completion of the program for which you are applying.
Confirm that all financial obligations have been satisfied at St. Cloud State University.
All materials for licensure need to be sent to:
Office of Records and Registration
St. Cloud State University
720 4th Avenue South
St. Cloud, MN 56301-4498
If you have any questions regarding the processing of your administrative license, please contact the SCSU Certifying Licensure Officer directly: Rita Moore at 320-308-4037 email@example.com.