Minnesota Prosperity (Dream) Act
Effective July 1, 2013, The State of Minnesota allows eligible undocumented students to pay resident tuition rates. Students who meet the criteria must complete the MN Prosperity Certification form to receive this benefit.
Do I qualify? You may qualify if you meet the following conditions:
- Attended a MN high school 3 or more years
- Graduated from a MN high school or earned a GED in MN
- Meet the compliance criteria for Selective Service if required
Do I need meet the compliance criteria for Selective Service? For male students between the ages of 18-25 you must provide verification that you have registered for Selective Services at http://www.sss.gov/default.htm. Please see the MN Prosperity Certification form for additional information on required documentation.
How do I apply for the Prosperity Act benefit? Complete the MN Prosperity Certification form and submit it with the proper documentation to the Office of Records and Registration (AS 118).
Am I eligible for any other benefits? Students who meet the criteria of the MN Prosperity Act are also eligible for the following benefits:
- State financial aid available to students who meet state residency requirements, regardless of immigration status.
- Privately funded financial aid through public colleges and universities regardless of immigration status.
- Contact the Financial Aid Office for more information.
For additional information on the MN Prosperity Act, please visit: http://www.ohe.state.mn.us/mPg.cfm?pageID=2056.