Instructions for first time full time Minnesota license
- Go to the Minnesota Department of Education (MDE) web site at http://www.education.state.mn.us/mde/index.html
- Click on Educator Excellence and then choose Licensing.
- Select Online Licensing System (located after the fourth paragraph).
- You are now ready to set up your user profile including a User ID and a Password. Click on Create New MDE Accountsection.
- After you accept the agreement, you will enter the user information (first name, last name, full name, etc.)
- From this point, you will follow the screen prompts as you submit information. If problems, contact MDE at 651-582-8691.
- Upon completion of the online application, the Department of Education will have received your application, your conduct review statement, and your fees. You have sixty (60) days from this point to submit your supplemental materials which include the license application cover page, the verification page, and the fingerprint card.
You must submit the following items to the Office of Records and Registration, AS-118 at St. Cloud State University: (NOTE: We recommend using a large manila envelope for mailing/delivery to SCSU.)
- License Application Cover Page – Download this form via the online application process - will indicate the applicant information required by the Minnesota Department of Education.
- Verification of Completion of a State-Approved Licensure Program Form – Locate this form at the bottom of the checklist on the Cover Page. Download this form via the online application process – it will indicate the applicant’s name, address, date of birth, phone number and a processing number. BE SURE THE TOP PORTION OF THIS VERIFICATION FORM IS COMPLETE. The Certifying Officer in the Office of Records and Registration will complete this form. Do not write on this page.
- Fingerprint Card - It must be a Minnesota Department of Education fingerprint card. Make sure all the required personal information and your signature is completed on the form. To be fingerprinted, you may go to the PublicSafety Department located on campus (appointments are required) or to any local law enforcement agency. Do not bend or fold this card.
The SCSU License Certifying Officer will verify completion of your program and forward your supplemental materials to the MDE. Applicants should verify that all financial obligations to SCSU have been cleared.
Please send the three items listed above directly to:
Office of Records and Registration
St. Cloud State University
720 Fourth Avenue South
St. Cloud, MN 56301-4498
Any partial or incomplete submission will be returned to the applicant. Any questions can be directed to Rita Moore at 320-308-4037 or firstname.lastname@example.org.