Online Registration Guide
For registration questions when using this system call the HELP line, (320) 308-3936 or click on Contact Us in the e-services menu on the left side of the page to send us an email.
Step 1: Open your web browser and point it to http://www.stcloudstate.edu/registrar and click on “E-Services Sign-In”.
Step 2: At the St. Cloud State University Login screen, enter your SCSU ID and your password.
- SCSU ID: (This is not your SSN)
- If you do not know your SCSU ID, click on the "Forgot ID" tab.
- Enter your Current Email Address, SSN (9-digits with no hyphens) and your 6-digit birthdate for the password (YYMMDD). Click on the "Lookup ID" button.
- Your SCSU ID will display. Write it down for future reference. If your SCSU ID does not display, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click on the "Login" link.
- Upon entering SCSU, your password is set to your birth date in year, month, day order (YYMMDD). Birth date Example: February 14, 1972 =Your password is 720214
- After entering the system for the first time, you will be required
to change your password to a new 8-20 character password known only to you.
- Password must have a minimum of 8 characters (letters, numbers or special characters)
- Password must have 3 of the 4 types of characters (upper case, lower case, numbers, special characters)
- Do not begin or end your new password with zero
- Your password cannot remain your birthday.
- This new password will be used every time the system is entered thereafter. Please write it down.
- If a password is forgotten and you have an active HuskyNet email account, you can have a new password emailed to your HuskyNet email account. Go to E-Services and click on “Forgot Password?” next to the password box. Enter your SCSU ID#, your HuskyNet email address and click on “Reset Password.” Your password will be emailed to you within several minutes.
- If a password is forgotten and you do not have an active HuskyNet email account, please contact the HELP Line for assistance (320-308-3936) or email email@example.com.
Step 3: Click on the "Login" button.
Step 4: Click on Courses and Registration on the left side.
Step 5: Click on the Registration Access Code link
(Contact your advisor for code). Change the semester, if necessary, and click on Courses and Registration and Registration Access Code again. Enter your 6-digit access code and click on the “Submit” button.
[Not needed if a graduate student, accepted to a major, already entered for the term. Intended and accepted Engineering majors always need an access code.]
Step 6: To register for classes, using Quick Add (Register) click on Quick Add.
- The Quick Add Registration Form will appear. Change the semester, if necessary.
- Enter the 6 digit Course ID number for each class you want in the Course ID column.
- After entering your choices, click on the Register Now button.
- Confirm Courses will appear. The list of the courses you are attempting to register for will display. Possible problems related to your registration will display. If this looks correct, enter your password in the box and click Register.
- The Registration Results screen will appear. It will display successful or failed registration. If successful, check your class schedule to make sure it is correct. If failed, call the registration help desk (320-308-3936) or click on Contact Us in the e-services menu on the left side of the page to send us an email.
Step 7: To register for classes, using Search for a Course click on Search for a Course.
- The Search for a Course at St Cloud State screen will appear. Change semester, if necessary.
- You can search from the drop down Subject menu, Delivery Online, Hybrid Classroom (some seat time), Classroom or All or Keyword. Enter your search and click on Find Courses. A list of search results will appear. Click on the course name for more information about the course or click on the plus sign icon "Add to Your Wish List" in the Actions box under the subject.
- You may continue to add courses to the course cart until your schedule is complete.
- If you add a course to your course cart in error, click Remove in the upper right corner of the box for the course added in error and it will be removed. You can also remove multiple courses from the wish list by checking the courses box to the right of the course name and clicking on Remove Checked Courses.
- When all course selections are in your wish list, check the boxes next to the courses and then click on Register for Checked Courses. If you have not entered your access code and you need one, you will be prompted to do so.
- The Review Plan screen will appear. The list of the courses in which you are attempting to register will display. Possible problems related to your registration will also display. If the courses are correct, enter your password in the box to the left of "Enter your password and register" and click on Register.
- The Registration Results screen will appear. It will display successful or failed registration. If were successful, check your class schedule to make sure it is correct. If failed, call the registration help desk (320-308-3936) or click on Contact Us in the E-Services menu on the left side of the page to send us an email.
Step 8: To Drop a course in which you are registered, click on View/Modify Class Schedule (left column). Change semester if necessary. Click on the Course ID of the class you wish to drop. Select Drop/Withdraw from the drop down menu and click on Process. You will be prompted to enter your password and click on Process Request. Please check your Class Schedule after a drop/withdrawal to ensure the drop has been processed.
Step 9: When you have finished, be sure to click on the Logout button located near the upper right corner of your screen.
Need help with Registration?
HELP Line 320.308.3936
Available Fall/Spring Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday
Available Summer Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Monday-Friday
Or email : firstname.lastname@example.org