Faculty Resources - Reporting Non-Attendance
Reporting procedure for students who never attended/participated or stopped attending/participating in your course(s) using the Grade Entry link (instructions below).
The information can be entered until the deadline for reporting final grades: Spring Semeseter 2013 deadline is May 16, 2013.
Login to e-Services and click on Class Management (left side) and then click on Grade Entry (Do NOT use the class list link)
- Click on the GO link in the View List/Enter Grades column to view the class roster.
- Select a checkbox next to the student name to enable LDA entry.
- For students who have never attended/participated in your class, please click on the “Never Attended” button. A grade of FN will automatically be assigned to the student. The grade of FN means failure for non-attendance/participation and will affect the student’s GPA in the same manner as a grade of F.
- For students who have stopped attending/participating in your class, please click on “Partially Attended” button and enter a last date of attendance/participation (LDA). If you do not record daily class attendance, please use a date for academically related activities in a class which include but are not limited to an exam, a tutorial, computer-assisted instruction, academic counseling, academic advisement, submitting a class assignment or attending a study group that is assigned by the institution or some other reasonable means of determining the last date of attendance/participation. A grade of F will automatically be assigned to the student.
- For students who have an asterisk ( * ) next to their name. These students have more specific requirements in order to maintain their enrollment status at SCSU. Please send an email including the student’s name, tech id, course and last date of attendance/participation to Teri Longstrom, Office Manager firstname.lastname@example.org or Sue Bayerl, Registrar email@example.com
- Scroll to the bottom of the class list and click on the “Save Draft” button. The LDA information will post to the student’s record after you have entered your password to confirm the LDA entry.
- OR click the “Post” button (the Post button will display when grade entry is available for your entire class – 1 week prior to the course end-date).
Compliance with federal regulations pertaining to attendance/participation verification for financial aid eligibility purposes, requires a last date of attendance/participation for students who have not officially withdrawn from SCSU and either (1) never attended or participated in class, or (2) stopped attending or stopped participating in your class after the 60% date of the term. This attendance/participation date information is important as it will be used to calculate the amount of financial aid that must be returned to the federal government.
If you have questions about this reporting process, please contact Teri Longstrom at 8-4036 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org or Sue Bayerl, Registrar at 8-4039 or email@example.com. If you have financial aid related questions, please contact the Financial Aid Office at 8-2047.
Appeals: Students can appeal the recording of the FN grade should there be a misunderstanding between the faculty member and the student regarding the student’s attendance/participation. Students who wish to appeal should contact the Office of Records and Registration, AS-118, for further information.
- Appeals for Spring Semester 2013 enrollment must be made by June 12, 2013.