SCSU Daily Schedule
5:00-7:45 (1700-1945) -OR- 6:00-8:45 (1800-2045)
(One night per week, MTWH-no Friday night classes)
These times include a 15-minute break.
Night classes which are not three-credit classes must begin at one of the two approved times and meet for 50 minutes per credit hour.
Scheduling Policies and Guidelines:
- Two-credit classes may meet on MW, WF, TH (50 minutes each day), or MF.
- Three-credit classes meet on MWF or TH at any available hour.
- Four-credit non-lab classes must meet on MWF and either T or H during the closest TH time block. (To avoid room and time conflicts, it is suggested that even-hour classes meet on T and odd-hour classes meet on H. (See attached guidelines.)
- Five-credit classes may meet all five days for 50 minutes at 8:00, 11:00 or 2:00, or in a two-hour block period on MW and one of those two hours on F. They may also meet all five days within the closest MWF and TH time blocks. (See attached guidelines.)
- Labs of two or more hours and other block classes begin only at the bolded times. One- hour labs may begin at any available starting time.
- Graduate-only classes may meet on schedules developed to meet student demand.
- Departments should make every effort to match class size to room capacity so that room utilization is maximized.
- Classrooms with a capacity of 100 or more will be scheduled by Academic Affairs. Departments should request those classrooms through their Dean. Priority will be given to departments which have historically used those classrooms at or near capacity and to departments which need special equipment contained in those classrooms.
- Exceptions to these policies may be made only by the Office for Academic Affairs upon the recommendation of the Dean of the College.
Daily Schedule Chart (PDF: 8K / 1 page)