Travel and Tourism
Travel and Tourism
Travel and tourism majors at St. Cloud State often find they can immediately put their classroom learning to work. In preparation to manage tour companies, destinations and travel-related services, you'll practice working with airlines, event planners, tour operations, hotels and cruise lines to develop insight on arranging your own travel as well as corporate and group travel. You will be part of faculty tours to Europe, Asia and Africa, visit Minnesota's hot spots and examine the latest issues in a fast-growing industry. You'll put together a toolbox for a career that involves marketing, sales, travel, tourism and convention planning.
- Career development for a $2.1 trillion industry
- Internships that apply principles in the field while building industry contacts and networks.
- Seventy companies and agencies support St. Cloud State travel and tourism internships.
- Travel and Tourism Club offers networking and career development opportunities.
- Annual "Travel Career Day" brings insight of travel and tourism professionals to campus.
- Only Minnesota university to offer a 4-year bachelor of arts degree in travel and tourism.
- Walt Disney World, Mall of America and Minnesota Office of Tourism are familiar sources of internships.
- Travel and tourism faculty annually lead educational tours to settings such as Paris, London, Spain, Italy, Ghana and Australia.
- Notable alumnus: Ben Graves '96 is president of Graves Hospitality Corporation, which operates more than 100 hotels, restaurants and resorts.
- Travel Tourism Club
- Eta Sigma Delta (International Hospitality Honor Society)
- Gamma Theta Upsilon (International Geographic Honor Society)
University Facts & Stats
- 94% of travel and tourism graduates employed
- 39 Education Abroad programs offered
- 1,100+ international students
- 1 of 56 Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) award winners
- Top 1% of the most affordable universities in Forbes' "America's Top Colleges" ranking
- Travel Marketing and Sales
- Meeting/Convention Planning
- Group Travel
- Tourism Planning
- Corporate Travel
- Destination Management
- Sustainable Tourism Development