Students who study Spanish are preparing to be leaders and innovators in the multilingual, global communities where they will live and work. Because Spanish is the No. 2 language in the world, your classes, assignments and immersion in Spanish culture locally and abroad will give you top consideration for jobs in education, health, business, industry and community safety. Through on-campus organizations and international study options you can step into varied Spanish cultures. Paired with our award-winning teacher preparation program's lessons in curriculum preparation and classroom management, your Spanish skills will be in demand in classrooms across the country.
- Major and minor degrees offered:
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Spanish
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) Spanish K-12 Teaching
- Bachelor of Elective Studies (B.E.S.)
- Minor in Spanish (B.E.S.)
- Minor in Spanish
- Semester-long Education Abroad program in Concepcion, Chile, offers a chance to live, study and learn in a Spanish-speaking country.
- Short-term Education Abroad opportunity in Costa Rica.
- Service learning experiences in which students can apply classroom learning are encouraged
- Free tutoring.
- Opportunity to interact with international students from the countries where Spanish is spoken.
- High-value resumé in today's global marketplace and global economy.
- Diverse and highly educated faculty with experience as Spanish proficiency testers and extensive study in areas such as Spanish and Latin American literature and history
- Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)/Council for the Accreditation of Education Preparation (CAEP).
- Teaching licensure approved by Minnesota Board of Teaching
- University is 2013 winner of Senator Paul Simon Award for Comprehensive Internationalization from NAFSA: Association of International Educators
University Facts & Stats
- 95% of language and cultures graduates employed
- Student-to-faculty: 23:1
- 2012 Diversity and Equity Award winner
- 39 Education Abroad programs offered
- 90+ nations represented on campus
- Top 1% of the most affordable universities in Forbes' "America's Top Colleges" ranking
- Spanish K-12 Teacher
- Hospitality Management
- Tour/travel services
- TESO/ESL Teacher/Director
- International Trade
- Foreign Correspondent