Students who focus on real estate at St. Cloud State join the most diversified real estate program in the upper Midwest. You will choose from career specializations that train you to appraise property, arrange financing, develop investments and manage construction projects in both the public and private sectors. Our graduates spur residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural development where they live and work. They help plan and build better communities for themselves and future generations.
- Students choose from specialties such as marketing and sales, appraisal, planning and development, construction, real estate financing, property management and insurance.
- Coursework and experience prepare students for licensing in their real estate field.
- Twelve-week, senior-year internships earn academic credit and pay. Students build a resume with real work experience in an entry level job in their field.
- Real Estate Association members compete against teams from five upper Midwest universities in the National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP) University Challenge.
- Club members organize an annual visit to real estate companies and properties in Chicago.
- Annual opportunity for pairing with a Real Estate alumni who provides one-on-one mentoring in the profession.
- One of two accredited programs in Minnesota.
- Herberger Business School is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) at the bachelor’s and master’s degree levels. The Business School has been accredited for more than 35 years.
- St. Cloud State is home to the Minnesota Chair in Real Estate, the first endowed professorship in the state university system.
- Real Estate Association
- St. Cloud State Real Estate Alumni Association
- Beta Gamma Sigma
- Delta Sigma Pi
- Investment Club
University Facts & Stats
- 95% of real estate graduates work in commerical real estate
- $106 million in scholarships loans and grants
- New $45 million Integrated Science and Engineering Laboratory Facility (ISELF)
- More than 600 student veterans and active military enrolled
- Top 1% of the most affordable universities in Forbes' "America's Top Colleges" ranking
- Real Estate Agent/Broker
- Property/Building Manager
- Property Management
- Mortgage Specialist
- Real Estate Investment/Development