St. Cloud State University is no longer admitting new students to the German Major.
We continue to accept applications for admittance to the German Minor program.
Students who study German are preparing to be community and business leaders in a world that operates with global vision and as a global marketplace. When you combine the multicultural awareness you gain while studying German with our award-winning teacher preparation program, you'll be one of the people shaping future generations of global thinkers. The multicultural world view you develop through classes, assignments, service learning and study abroad opportunities will get you top consideration for jobs in education, health, business, industry and community safety.
- Education Abroad program in Eichstätt, Germany, offers students a chance for immersion in a German university community.
- Semester-long international business program offers a study opportunity in Ingolstadt, Germany.
- Service learning experiences in which students can apply classroom learning are encouraged.
- Free tutoring lab.
- Opportunity to interact with international students from the countries where German is spoken.
- High-value resumé in today's global marketplace and global economy.
- Major and minor degrees offered:
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in German
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) German K-12 Teaching
- Bachelor of Elective Studies (B.E.S.)
- Minor in German (B.E.S.)
- Minor in German
- University is 2013 winner of Senator Paul Simon Award for Comprehensive Internationalization from NAFSA: Association of International Educators.
- Diverse and highly educated faculty who are authors of textbooks and who have experience in developing and directing international exchange programs as well as expertise in German literature, business and history.
- Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)/Council for the Accreditation of Education Preparation (CAEP).
- Teaching licensure approved by Minnesota Board of Teaching
University Facts & Stats
- 95% of language and cultures graduates employed
- Student-to-faculty: 23:1
- 2012 Diversity and Equity Award winner
- 39 Education Abroad programs offered
- 90+ nations represented on campus
- Top 1% of the most affordable universities in Forbes' "America's Top Colleges" ranking
- German K-12 Teacher
- Bilingual Educator
- Teacher of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)/English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Travel/Hospitality Management
- International Trade
- Foreign Correspondent