As a student in the elementary education and teaching programs you'll learn how to motivate and challenge students and prepare them for personal and educational success. You will learn how to create lessons and projects, and you will hone your instruction skills in real work experiences. Our courses will help you develop the tools for managing and counseling students' behaviors in the classroom. Your senior year student-teaching experience will help you demonstrate leadership in the classroom and among fellow educators.
- Our Teacher Development program enjoys a long-held reputation across the Midwest for its nurturing innovative and creative approaches among its graduates and producing well-prepared professionals for the classroom.
- Students experience global, urban and rural clinical and field situations that provide real-life work experience.
- Our students work in a variety of cooperating school districts during their time at St. Cloud State.
- Education Abroad and student teaching opportunities in China, Chile, Italy and South Africa expand students' multicultural experiences.
- Interact with professionals, develop life-long leadership skills and volunteer for activities that let students practice their teaching skills.
- Accreditation by National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)/Council for the Accreditation of Education Preparation (CAEP).
- Teaching licensure programs approved by Minnesota Board of Teaching.
- Educational Administration programs approved by the Minnesota Board of School Administrators (MBSA)
- Notable alumna: Diane (Guggenberger) Moeller '77, '82, Minnesota's 2013 Science and Math Elementary and Middle Level Principal of the Year by the Minnesota Elementary School Principals association and the Science Museum of Minnesota.
- Future Educators Club
- Association for the Education of Young Children (AEYC)
- Council for Exceptional Children (CEC)
University Facts & Stats
- 96% of elementary education graduates employed
- 1,421 student field-experience placements in the School of Education
- 39 Education Abroad programs offered
- More than 200 student organizations
- Top 1% of the most affordable universities in Forbes' "America's Top Colleges" ranking
- Kindergarten Teacher
- Elementary School Teacher
- Special Education Teacher
- Early Childhood Teacher
- Middle School Teacher
- Engilsh as a Second Language Teacher
- Daycare Provider