How to fill out the Printing Services Request Form
Filling out a Printing Services Request Form
Printing Service request forms, which are available from Printing Services, must be filled out according to instructions listed below and submitted with any work to be completed.
- This is your REQUEST FORM NUMBER. If you need to call about a job, this is the fastest and easiest way to find it. Your job, when it arrives in our office, becomes this number. Any questions or problems about this job should be referred to by this number.
- This section is for six-digit account number. Every department has at least one. Your job WILL NOT be processed without it. This request form is also used for billing purposes.
- This area is for you to record the DATE you want to receive you job. ASAP is NOT a date. Your job is recorded by the request form number and the date you request is to be done.
- When sending your jobs to Printing, always fill in this area with the date you sent your job to Printing Services.
- This area is to let us know that you need it printed by a certain time of the day. Unless sufficient time is given, (at least 24 hours) it will be your responsibility to pick this job up.
- This area is very important to ensure the prompt running and delivery of your job. We need the NAME of the person requesting the job and the TELEPHONE NUMBER for contact in the event there is a problem or question. Also be sure to list the name of the DEPARTMENT, ROOM NUMBER and BUILDING for prompt and accurate delivery of your job. "Emergency" or "Rush" orders, when accepted, for less than 24 hours will generally not be delivered. You will need to pick these up.
- This area is to list the number of jobs to be printed and the number of copies to be run of each. Please list each original "set" separately. List up to six items on each request form. Multiple jobs can be included on one request form, this will help save time processing your order.
- All request forms must be signed by the person in charge of the budget. NOTE: these forms must be signed to acknowledge the transfer of funds for the cost of your job.
- Copy Specifications: all jobs are printed to these specifications: A. The paper weight is 20# Bond, Recycled. B. The available paper colors are white, canary, pink, gray, blue, green, ivory and salmon, NEONS (ReEntry Red, Lift Off Lemon, Celestial Blue, Fireball Fuschia). White paper will be used unless another color is specified.
- This area is for typesetting use only.
- This area is for Printing Services use only, DO NOT WRITE IN THIS AREA.
- RETAIN THE PINK COPY FOR YOUR RECORDS.
Also use this form for ordering paper, business cards or pre-printed forms and envelopes. If ordering white and colored paper together, please use one form for white paper and one form for color paper.