Process for Naming Academic Units
Academic units who wish to change their name will complete the following process:
- Proposal developed with rationale for name change prepared by academic unit.
- Unit completes a documented process of consultation with faculty and staff within the college or school regarding the name change.
- Dean submits name change request to the Strategic Planning Committee who will engage in a campus-wide consultation of the proposed name change with interested departments and units.
- Strategic Planning Committee puts forward their position on the proposed name change based on unit rationale and feedback from the campus community.
- Provost makes recommendation on the proposed name change to the President.
- University President makes the final determination on the name change.